1 Feature Intro
1.1 Brief Introduction
With the IPv4 address exhaustion, the website deployment of IPv6 is bound to grow. IPv6 completely solves the problem of address space exhaustion and explosive routing table growth, and provides strong support in terms of security and mobility.
CDNetworks supports dual protocol stack technology. With this technology enabled, the CDN PoPs will have both IPv4 addresses and IPv6 addresses to achieve IPv4 or IPv6 communication, realizing the dual protocol conversion in first mile and last mile.
1.2 Applicable Product Lines
- Content Acceleration
- Dynamic Web Acceleration
- Media Acceleration
- Media Acceleration Live Broadcast
2 Application Scenarios
CDNetworks supports dual protocol stack technology in the scenarios below:
- End-user (IPv6) -> Origin site (IPv6): support the direct communication of IPv6
- End-user (IPv4) -> Origin site (IPv6) or End-user (IPv6) -> Origin site (IPv4): CDN PoPs that support dual protocol stacks can proactively make the conversions, and no other processing is needed on the origin side.
- End-user (IPv4 or IPv6) -> Origin site (IPv4 + IPV6): support the direct communication of the protocol supported by the end-user.
- End-user (IPv4 + IPv6) -> Origin site (IPv4 or IPv6): If the end-user equipment supports both protocols, the communication is initiated with the use of IPv4 by default. If the origin site is IPv4, there is no need for extra processing. If the origin site is IPv6, the CDN PoP which supports dual protocol stack will complete the conversion between the two protocols, and no other processing is needed on the origin site.
3 Key Benefits
With IPv6, content providers will enjoy benefits as below:
- Avoid the issue caused by IP access protocol compatibility on origin.
- Save the operating costs, and reduce the busines- s go-to-market difficulties.
With IPv6, end-users will enjoy benefits as below:
- Better access experience because of higher efficiency of IPv6 packet processing.
- Free from the IP protocol restraint, and possess free access.
4 User Case
A home appliance group was founded in 1984 and has been a top home appliance brand in the world.
As a leading terminal equipment manufacturer, the customer began to develop IPv6 terminal products in 2013. Thus, this customer has an IPv6 origin but wants to guarantee the efficient and stable access for IPv4 and IPv6 end users.
CDNetworks provides dual protocol stacks for the customer to realize the conversion between two protocols:
- If the end-user equipment supports IPv4, the CDN PoPs that support dual protocol stacks can proactively make the conversions, and customers do not need to do other processing on their origin side;
- If the end-user equipment supports IPv6, the CDN PoPs support the direct communication of IPv6;
- If the end-user equipment supports both IPv4 and IPv6, the communication is initiated with the use of IPv4 by default.
Benefits for Customer
- Guarantee the efficient and stable access for IPv4 and IPv6 end users;
- Reduce conversion time between two protocols for the origin site, and the customers do not have to do any other processing.
5 CDNetworks PoPs with IPv6 Service
CDNetworks assures your accelerated domain with stabilized dual protocol stack service experience when the IPv6 service configuration is enabled.Listed below are the partial PoPs that are providing IPv6 service.